Things have changed a lot for all of us and we wanted to provide some guidance, and explain how things will proceed going forward, to ensure the safety of our staff and patients and to make sure we are compliant with the new guidance and protocols which have been set out by the Chief Dental Officer:
- Enable social distancing by having less people within the practice at any given time
- Have the correct PPE and infection control procedures in place
- Remote triaging where possible and continue to treat with analgesics, advice or antimicrobials where appropriate
- Restrict multiple appointments and try, wherever possible, to complete treatments in a single visit
- Enable contactless or remote interaction/appointments where possible
- Restrict aerosol generating procedures (AGPs) as much as possible by offering alternative and preventative treatment options
This means the patient experience and treatment options will be very different to what it was before COVID-19. Your wellbeing, dental and otherwise, is still our main concern when providing you, as a patient, with the care you require. Unfortunately, certain restrictions to our working methods will mean that we might not be able to provide all the dental care as planned prior to COVID-19 and that certain treatment plans might have to be altered to fit in with the new guidance. This is applicable mostly to patients who have open courses of treatment.